... step into my garden

Friday, October 9, 2015

Kinda like Batman (and Robin)


Do you know how in 'The Dark Knight Rises' Batman just comes out of retirement and kicks ass? No blabbering about what he's been up to for the last 8 (?) years, no witty lines, no apologies, he's just back ... and kicks ass. Well, I'm not quite Batman yet, so here goes:

Dear blog,

I'm sorry that I've neglected you for the past year or so, I have a confession to make. It seems I have been living ... two lives. By day, I was me ... genius, famous blogger and working for a respectable software company. By night, I have tried to impersonate a well known public figure and one of my idols who goes by the name of Batman. As any respectable Batman should, I needed a Batcave to park my Batmobile, store my arsenal and hone my non-lethal but highly efficient Karate chops.

I used to wonder if Bruce Wayne painted the walls of the cave himself, but it is now very clear to me that he made his Batcave by throwing money at various highly qualified and apparently very discreet or very stupid contractors. Unfortunately, not being a zillionaire, I had no choice but to take on part of the work myself, and while the task was tough, I had my most trusted Robin sidekick at my side. And, surprisingly enough for everyone including ourselves ... we ... kinda made it.

So the time has come, fear not! I shall be springing back into action in full force, full speed ahead! Into battle (?) we go!

The long wait is over and I am .. uhm ready ... I guess ... kinda like Batman.

No comments: