... step into my garden

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Star Wars 3D ... kinda


I must admit I was quite confused about the timing of the Star Wars 3D release. After all, the bluberryray version just came out just a few months ago ... So I can only assume that Star Wars geeks like me got the thing ... like I did (actually it was an amazing Christmas gift). And, having got the blurays, I can only assume that people actually watched the movies ... just like I did. But still ... Lucas considered that the army of brainless fans will still gather and go see it in theaters ... like I did.

The pretext, which is the 3D, because in all honesty it is only a pretext, doesn't really shine very bright. I found the lack of in your face 3D stuff ... a bit disturbing. I was expecting Maul to poke my eyes out with his crazy dual sabers, or for the laser shots to fly around me like I'm ...well... there ... Instead, there are some scenes which are kinda 3D, some scenes that are somewhat 3D, and some which are no 3D at all ... But all in all it is quite an immersive  experience, especially during the pod race which really stands out.

So, should anyone go see it in 3D like I did? ... why YES, of course, what kind of a question is that?? It's Star Wars god dammit!!   S T A R     W A R S  !!!!!!! in 3 D ... well ... kinda 3D anyway !!! What more could you want?

I can only hope that everyone will enjoy it as much as I did.

P.S.: I have just now realized that this is my 100th movie blabber ... it was the Force guiding me, it is so clear now !!

No comments: