... step into my garden

Monday, March 1, 2010

Sushi Time

Happy 1st of March everyone!!! On such a fine spring day I thought it would be a good idea to talk about Sushi, and since we are on the subject I will also recommend two pretty good sushi places in Bucharest ... So, chop chop, let's get to it!

You will easily notice that this post contains only photos grabbed off the Internetz. That's because ... well ... I'm busy eating when I'm eating ...
Tuna ...mmmmm

We had some very good sushi last evening, so why don't I start with that ... we had a couple of California rolls, a couple of sushi, maki, it was a nice combo. I am a big fan of wasabi, so I put a lot of that into my soy sauce. And, yes, gari shoga  has to be on location for the enjoyment to be complete. What I like most about sushi is that it satisfies my hunger and leaves me with a very soothing Zen sensation in my stomach after I finish eating. It's lite but satisfying at the same time ... giving you everything the body needs through a blend of exotic and sometimes spicy flavors. It can become quite addictive ... Andreea and I are unfortunately hooked ... and it seems we need to start increasing the dosage...
Octopus? I don't mind that ...

The place we got last night's fix is called Sushi To Go and it is the place where we buy our sushi most of the times. You can check out their website over here. They don't have any other Japanese dishes except sushi, but that's not really a problem. What I like most about the place is that it feels fresh ... They don't have a lot of different combos you can buy, and it does seem to be a tiny too expensive to start making your own, but we get our 16 different pieces there for about 80RON, which is not really that bad.

Another place where we had sushi (and enjoyed it) is Sushi Ko. Website is here, but it's pretty useless unfortunately. This is actually a restaurant, unlike Sushi To Go, and they have many Japanese traditional dishes, so you can experience a wider array of flavors from the Japan cuisine. You can get a pretty humongous sushi/maki combo for about 70RON, so it's pretty OK price-wise considering you can expect it to be quite expensive since it's, well, sushi ... in Bucharest. Definitely worth a visit...

There are, of course, quite a lot other places to get expensive Sushi in Bucharest. If you want to get a cheap fix and are in luck, you can find a nice combo at MegaImage for 50RON which is quite OK just as well.


...did I mention Tuna?


If you haven't eaten Sushi yet ... you should go do it .... NOW!

Really ...

Hands will start trembling for sushi... soon ...

No comments: