... step into my garden

Friday, January 29, 2010

Le Grand-Duché de Luxembourg

Aaaand I'm back. I was away for a couple of weeks because I was on a business trip to Luxembourg. Or should I say ... Le Grand-Duché de Luxembourg. Yea ... that sounds better.

I was actually taken by surprise by the beauty of the city... the windy roads, the castles, the valleys, the peace and quiet ... ohh ... it's so peaceful ... so quiet ... maybe too much peace and quiet for some, but not for me.

The city can offer excitement as well. There are enough bars and restaurants to keep you entertained, and for the night-life you have the clubbing area which looks pretty good. There is also a very good cinema, and I will have to tell you how long story short I spent about 90 EUR (yea) to see Avatar for the second time in an upcoming post. A quick stop and a warm apple juice with cinnamon are just what the doctor ordered when it's a little cold outside...

Where Luxembourg does best though is location location location. You have sooo many places you can go to at your disposal, it's quite amazing. Germany, France or Belgium flip a coin and drive there in one or two hours. For example, one one Saturday I went skiing in France. I hadn't skied in about 7 years so it was a great experience with amazing snow and almost perfect weather. Good and quite cheap ... 35 EUR ski pass + equipment for the day.

Andreea joined me for the last weekend of the trip. Here she is enjoying the scenery:

Oh, and here is me enjoying the scenery ... it was a littttle coollldd:

On Monday we celebrated Andreea's 29th birthday. Happy Birthday again, my lovey lovey kisses and hearts :).

Andreea didn't miss the opportunity to take some great photos ... as for me and my business trip ... that's for another post ... stay tuned.

No comments: