... step into my garden

Sunday, October 18, 2009

A couple of Kyoto temples

Darn, I knew I should have posted this as quickly as possible. I'm starting to forget the names of the places we saw there. So... quickly quickly... Kyoto is a place where Japanese tradition is at it's best. I didn't figure out what is the best way to get around the city. I think they have a one day pass for the bus, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

They have a lot of amazing temples in Kyoto, really peaceful and beautiful. Unfortunately you can't really take pictures inside some of these places, so I won't be able to show pictures with the 1001 Budhas, which were actually 998. We met 3 of them later at the Tokyo National Musem.






Zen...

The BIG Pagoda was impressive, but again, there was a very impressive Budha in another building there which we couldn't take pictures of ...



We took the philosopher's walk, saw (some kind of)geishas on the streets, and went shopping in Gion.



More on Kyoto coming up shortly... before my Alzheimer kicks in ...
Previous Episode
TOC
Next Episode

No comments: