... step into my garden

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Big Bow ... Wow

The Japanese people are different. In fact, they are so different that I can't even compare them to ourselves. And since I am blabbering about the Shinkansen, I will tell you a short story that will prove my point.
On the train, the train conductor, or the guy who checks your ticket, or the people who sell food and beverages have to move from one cart to another to carry on with their business. Each and absolutely every time they enter or exit they stop and bow. Read that again. Each and every time. No exception. Open the door. Bow. walk to the other end. Bow. Open the door. Close the door. Open the next door. Bow ... and so on. No exception. I bet they even do it when there is nobody inside there except them.

It's called RESPECT.

Restek' to that.
Previous Episode
TOC
Next Episode

No comments: