... step into my garden

Friday, August 21, 2009

Brunö


mmmmmmmmkay .... I found the courage to watch this yesterday. After reading some reviews, I was expecting either to throw up, close my eyes, or at least to smack the monitor in disgust(yep, bootleged version). I was expecting such a parade of Johnsons on the screen that I would believe it's the family reunion. Not being a big fan of Borat didn't help much either. Surprise, surprise, none of these things happened.

The movie starts out pretty strong, and the absolutely outrageous scene with the focus group is without doubt the best of the whole movie. The EXCLUSIVE interview with Harisson Ford really made me lol, and the Bruno Dance really made me lmao. The best thing about this scene is that it gets the desired results. The people in the focus group REACT to it. It all starts going downhill from there, and the end is truly pathetic. Bruno simply cannot create the REACTIONS he would like to. People are simply not that shocked or upset about his (outrageous) actions, quite on the contrary I would say. There are some finer humor scenes like when parents would accept their kids to play with napalm "as long as they get the job", but unfortunately it's too little too late.

The bottom line is that, unlike Borat (which I didn't even really like), this movie fails. It fails big time. It's down right boring and only 75 minutes long. That's got to be some kind of a record.

No comments: